On Wednesday, the Republican-controlled House Budget Committee approved its 2018 budget resolution. The budget aims to rewrite the tax code to favor the wealthy and to slash funding for Medicare and Medicaid. It would also add another $30 billion to Trump’s record-setting $668 billion request for Pentagon spending. The budget faces opposition from both moderate and conservative Republicans. We speak with David Cay Johnston, Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter and founder of DCReport.org.
Last modified on Friday, 21 July 2017 10:25
- The New COINTELPRO? Meet the Activist the FBI Labeled a “Black Identity Extremist” & Jailed 5 Months
- "They were Both Cops & Robbers": Baltimore Police Scandal Exposes Theft, Cover-Ups & Drug Peddling
- Amnesty International USA: Military Weapons to Local Law Enforcement a Grave Mistake
- Retired Police Detective: Trump's Comments Endorsing Police Brutality are "Treasonous"
- Criminologist Phil Stinson: Police Shoot & Kill About 1,000 People Every Year in U.S.