While the Israeli state espouses multiculturalism and diversity, it oppresses not just the Palestinian population, but also any Black person within its borders. From warehousing African asylum seekers in giant prison camps, to criminalizing and carrying out eugenics programs against its Ethiopian Jewish citizens, Israel’s treatment of Black people reveals that the Zionist project is not just about Jewish supremacy, but also white supremacy. In this on-the-ground investigation, Abby Martin talks to Osman Ali, a refugee from Darfur, at Holot prison camp about the treatment of refugees by the government, and Tehune Maharat, an Ethiopian Jewish activist whose cousin was killed in an apparent hate crime by Israeli police, about the rampant and institutional racism in the country.
Read more http://theempirefiles.tv/
- Afrofuturism, Liberation & Representation in "Black Panther": A Roundtable Discussion
- ACLU Vows to Keep Fighting as Supreme Court Allows Trump's Mostly Muslim Travel Ban to Take Effect
- Cherokee Writer: Trump Pocahontas Slur Reflects Centuries of Colonial Violence Against Native Women
- Why We Keep Talking About Racism
- #TakeaKnee Sunday as NFL Teams and Players Rebuff President Trump